Friday, October 25

Remedy for the soul

Unexpected trip back home on an early Thursday morning :)

The Return Story
As I remembered on Sunday/Monday, I was feeling extremely homesick as I made my usual calls back home to ask how mum and dad were doing. I settled into the thought of "Home is where I'll be only in a lil over a month's time for Christmas". Little did I know that I'm home just a little more than two sleepless nights = roughly one night away :)

I was studying Econs at the 7th floor at Tuesday night, where I bumped into Chee Ren and Alvin. I asked CR where we'd have dinner the next day after Econs exam, and he said Alvin's going home. I was like "What, why are you going home?! :O" "Oooops, I accidentally told my mum that I have two weeks break, so she bought the air tickets for me right away." I was like "wtttttttt, that's so friggin' amazing!!!" I surfed the net using CR's lappie to see if air tix were cheap enough to grant me an absolute advantage to fly home just as soon. And good gracious, they were ok and I instantly called dad to book tickets for me. I was like "DAADDDDYYYY! I have 12 days break till my next paper, can I go home pls pls pls? I checked the air tickets and they're quite cheap." "When?" "Like tomorrow or the day after" "okok" I was like WEEEEEEEE. Initially, I was a tad bit demotivated to study for Econs the next day, but just thinking about booking those air tickets, I got super ecstatic and slept only at 3.30a.m. After buying the tickets at around 10.30pm, resumed studying with the almighty hardcore Sean followed by Alvin and CR till 3.30 a.m. :) #end.

After the Economics paper, went for a short lunch then home to do the laundry, and get things ready. I got carried away with online shopping websites, then did laundry, swept the floor with enormous strands of annoying hair all over the place D: always gets me ticked off. :P then I ironed my clothes while watching a bit of Life of Pi followed by dinner at night at One Utama. We were supposed to dine with the boys, but they ditched us and joined us for movie afterwards.

 We watched Escape Plan. It was a really good movie, i absolutely LOVED it! One of the reasons could be I didn't know what to expect, I was tired from exams/sleepless nights, and I couldn't care less about other things around me as home was only a few hours away plus I had to plan well to make it for the flight on time. I was extremely happy that day though, though the Malay girls were so noisy during the movie, it was an interesting day spent with the guys and Sar and going craazy with Cassy too.

I went home and started packing after chilling on the bed for a short while. I freaked out when I thought my Nichii shirt was missing, and my heart broke at the worst possible situation where it might have been blown away while I hung it out to dry.  But I knew it was highly unlikely cuz I remember not washing it at all. I found it shoved underneath all my clothes and yaay, I'm a winner! I packed clothes that I felt like wearing back, and added Sarah's books too. I worried that the bag will overweigh but thank goodness it was okay :) I went to bed at around 2.30 - 3.00 a.m. approx. I didn't really settle into bed, i just lied sideways with both y hands underneath my cheeks, and closed my eyes without unfolding the blanket. I didn't want to sleep too comfortably in case I sleep into forever.

Cassy drove me instead of Sean as I thought that he could get more sleep :) and I really appreciate Cassy driving me. She's the best < 3 My alarm was set at 5.30 am the night before but I woke at 5.45am with a mini heartattack and saw a text from Cassy asking where to meet at 5.43am, boy was she early! I managed to only brush my teeth and grabbed two plums for breakfast, before sitting down waiting for time to pass as I was so nervous and just nervewrecked. Sarah slept in.

We drove to Sentral even when the sun wasn't up yet, which reminded me of the old days I used to wake up early for school where there's ambiguous noises from the birds' chirpings, sounds of kitchen works and voices of mums/kakaks urging kids to get ready for school. Me, being the damsel in distress, couldn't sit still and was constantly crossing my fingers hoping I'd reach on time and everything'd fall perfectly into place. I walked a long way to the train station hoping to catch the 6.30a.m. train, but I missed it and got onto the 6.45a.m. instead which only left the station at 6.50++ and reached KLIA by 7.15a.m. I hurried to check in at 7.20a.m., and things were okay. Everything was just right ON time. Which is something I'll never repeat again, cuz there's just too much to risk - the thought of not being able to go home early. :( I was in touch with mummy with the itinerary before the plane took off.

I was on Malindo and it was so comfortable! Like Scoot, it was cleaner and had a bit more space compared to the compact AirAsia :) i was so tired, i didn't want to watch Life of Pi, i didn't want to watch PLL or other American series due to the explicit content. It often gets me very awkward watching those on the plane, due to my many experiences ;P My nap attempt to rejuvenize myself only lasted till 1hr max and got up and began to listen to music while jotting down thoughts, while filtering iPhoto.

I was so excited to land, at which I tried to control and mentally psyched myself to take things easy, one step at a time. I walked really fast as usual, and fled out the doors after I got my luggage. There's always this thought that thinks of the possible circumstances I'd have to follow if my luggage never arrives :P haha. Mummy came a while after and we went to eat Fish Head Noodle for breakfast at Lee Wong Kee, Hilltop! :D It was mouth watering, but too much for us to finish. Mum and dad were in this idk what thing, where they wouldn't communicate properly with each other :P Dad told mum that he'd get me at 12 after golf, but mum just nodded and came picked me up at 11 instead and didn't want to inform dad. It was pretty funny. lol.


Since we're at it, this man is one not easy man, great inspiration (:

No comments: