Sunday, October 6

Faith is the substance of things hoped for; Heb 11:1

"Where is your Faith?"
And so was the title for the sermon today. I've learned a lot today. 
I feel like it answers all the questions I've always had clouding my thoughts.
It was good to have the idea of God being in charge and just waiting upon Him, reassured.
Jesus was asleep on the boat through the storm, where His disciples were hysterical that they were gonna die. When the storm and the shaky waves were calmed, they questioned who that man was.
Many times in life, it'd feel that God isn't there, but God is. It just feels like He isn't. Just as He was sleeping in the boat all along. You just gotta have faith.
It's easy to take that step of faith when things are going perfectly well, so easy.
As you take a step of faith, trials and tribulation comes, life happens, shit happens that'll question your stand on your faith. Perhaps these events happen so that God can reveal Himself, ya know? :)
When Pastor Andy shared about this, my thoughts flew to 'The Leave'. 
Nothing was ever assured about that, it never made sense to me why I had to leave, I never understood why my prayers and wishes of something miraculous to happen to convince dad that I could remain never came true, I was heartbroken, I felt like I lost a major part of me, lost some of the best of me, and as I left, I felt like the dumbest girl in the universe for walking away. 
But it was a step of faith. As I live everyday, knowing that God has a purpose in everything that we encounter, and hoping for the best to happen. 
Oh well, and I was struck down again, shit happened, my heart was broken again. 
Two broken hearts in a row, not a very charming idea.  
Mm and I was in a rocky relationship with God.

And i love talking about races! As the pastor shared today, he used running as an analogy. As you run the race, along the way, you lose sweat and energy, but you just gotta keep running. It sounds so simple, but it's very meaningful and it's so true. :) Along the course of life, you may lose some of the most precious things, and you'll never understand why.

He shared that with Jesus in your boat, you will end up good. You'll never know what the future holds, it's never in your control, but it is in His. And with him in the boat, you will end up good. I'm glad that he shared this, to reassure me that what I believe in is true. It does no good when people around you are so pessimistic that makes you question your belief. I'm glad that I'm finally reassured. :)

Today was a splendid day! I feel moved by the sharing, and I met Darian Goh for the first time! He told me about the Work & Travel ozumm stuff. :D Met Paul, Wing Loo, Richie, Jason, Clarin and Renee (i'm excited). *fingers crossed*

Oh and shucks, i've been spending too much money. Gotta cut it down low.
Annabelle's delivery came!!! woohooooo  < 3

Cheers to a good week to come! :)

No comments: