Thursday, May 16

#HomeInMay #MountK #love

Aloha sunshine! :)
So many things to write.

The PEAK in most people's perception :DD
Two weeks ago, this day, 2 May 2013, was one of the best days of my life.
I went climbing Mount K with my sister, Shannon, Phebe, Charmaine, Jo Lai and his beloved Ling Ling. Amazing experience it was, wonderful quality time spent with sissy, and the whole trip just felt incredibly simple and genuine. Boy, how i miss it.
It would have been one hell of a crazierrr ride if my pals were there, like Vikki, Aubry or Puyol.. haha. Nevertheless, I had the best time.

The climb sure was one hell of a challenge. We had to climb 6km up, and it's not just long, but it just constantly goes up and up without fail (pretty silly how I forgot about that, it's a climb to Mount K, of course it just keeps going up so that you'll reach the peak =.=) So yeah, stamina training is definitely a must, or else you'll suffer yourself. =.=

The climb up:






Well, my sissy they all went ahead of me anyway, I reached the rest house where we were to stay over, known as Laban Rata at like 3.30pm, whereas Anna they all reached at 1.30 pm. We started around 9am. Then, Jo and Ling Ling were caught in the rain and arrived at 5.30pm.





We had buffet dinner, then on the way back to our rooms, we had to walk up and up and up again, sighs. The view was simply beautiful and magnificent though, whew, so beautiful...

 I went back with my knees sore like craaazzeeehhhh, had a change of clothes, took a couple of shots, and tucked myself in bed. It was sooooo chiiillllyyyyy, and I sorta whined a lot while I was sleeping. [Don't get this the wrong way lol :P but whining is something I do when I feel unwell, even at home. Then my kakak or my mum'd attend to me and fix whatever that's not feeling right :P It has become a habit I suppose :P] I think it was cause of the terrible knee pain and soreness of my legs. sighsss.


And what we were supposed to do is, wake up at 2am in the morning, get some light brekkie, then prep yourself for the next 2km++ UP again, this time till the peak, like the peak. So thoughts of not continuing the climb keeps flooding my head, and I was gonna use the kneeache issue as the excuse. (it felt reasonable) cuz man, it's no joke man, it's Mount K lol. Then idk how, I just changed into my outfit and just went along without much thoughts or hesitation.
As we walked down to Laban Rata for brekkie, gosh, the kneees, owwwcchhh. Horrible ache. And as we were at the canteen/food place, my sissy thought a nail spiked through her foot, and she was gonna cry. Her face, was simply just, hilarious. I haven't seen that face in a while after all :P

So from there, the final 2km commenced.
We were in big groups of people. It was 2am, freeeezzziiinnng coooollldddddd, not forgetting to mention it rained the day before, so the rocks are slippery, and it was dark, you see nothing at all, so of course everyone had their headlights on. Oh! And the journey up, everything is just rocks and stairs I'm telling you. (From the beginning i mean!) No joke!!! Haha.

Like this. This was taken on the way down.

Taken on the way up! :)

So that journey up didn't seem as exhausting to me, for the first kilometre. I suppose it's cause it's the middle of the night, most of us were still stuck in dreamland, and since it was dark as well, we couldn't see much, and hence we wouldn't know what to expect ahead of us. Which is really good for me. Here I suppose, distraction gets me through tough times ;) haha. Anna had a bit of difficulty with the cold air though, it was a tad bit hard to breathe. =X So, we climbed up the Mountain with this small pathway they carved by the side of the mountain, and there's a rope for us to hold onto, and i believe most people held on it for their dear lives :P it's kinda creepy if you look down, cuz it's down what you're looking at. :P good thing it was at night too! :P

For the final-final-final kilometre though, was one of the longggeeeessstttt walk I've ever passed in my entire life =.= It just felt like forever.  It's like you just keep walking up a hill nonstop, feel your calves  man, they just keep going up, up, up, up and up. I asked my sissy to wait for me this time though, cuz I didn't wanna be alone. She sat and waited for me, and had a couple of snoozes in between LoL. I thought she was tired as well. Bzzz =.= Well, I took my sweet, sweet time up, like I stop every 5 steps, it's kinda dumb :P Shannon and the other two girls were so fit, they were so much ahead of us.

Oh! And when you are up there, gawwsshhh, the scenery was fascinating. When it was still dark, you could see glowing stars twinkling at ya, so so so many of em, and they were all so pretty. With the chilly weather, I just lied down a couple of times to breath everything in.  (The last time I saw quite a bunch of stars was back in 2011, at Shittim Camp with Jacob, Sylvia, Leong and the rest of the peepos. But srsly, this was nowhere close, just simply, breathtaking). 
When it was bright already though (cuz i missed sunrise :P), you could see the clouds floating around ya, staring up to clear blue sky, feeling the cold breeze and weather, it was definitely rewarding.

:)


We reached the peak a while after that, 6++ am i think, my sister was sitting by the rock, with this sleeeepppyyy look on her face, it was really funny too. :O haha xD.

The PEAK. 
Low's Peak, it says. :)
4000++ metres up!!!

We started our way down at 7am, and the walk wasn't as easy as I thought it'd be. It felt like I was gonna slide my way through, not easy man, seriously. :O From there onwards, everything was just going down, so the end :)

Pheberrttoooooo~





- ended with loads of buckets of love < 3 < 3 < 3-


No comments: