Sunday, October 12

"Cast your burdens upon the Lord, and He will sustain you,"

sustain : strengthen or support mentally and physically
So, that has been the verse of the past week.

Spent Friday celebrating Ms D and Kwang's birthday, and also learnt about Baptism, importance of going to church during Bible Study. Spent Tuesday going to SS15 with Eileen. Spent Wednesday in the Parliament. Spent Monday eating dimsum with the Suriamas ohana, as well as Darren who drove us and I bought my Hyseac! :D Been chatting with Sylvia and Shiela as well, where I woke up in the middle of the night to a very warm text by lala saying they were talking about me, and just reminiscing about the old days :)

it's been a rather interesting week, where I struggled hard, to focus on my academics to finish off assignments and just do my work. It had been on my nerves for consecutively days, and got me "crying" out for strength. i felt so mentally challenged, and it wasn't easy. I felt so blessed though to have people around me who gave such kind words of encouragement. Thurs, Yvo was telling me to trust in God, and she said, "If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, God can!" Jade also texted me to trust that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens. She added that it's a very well-known verse, and encouraged me to take it literally and focus on His ever-lasting love for me, it's pretty powerful. I was weak, and it was therapeutic to learn that people are praying for me, and that, I can do this.

Been long anticipating Sunday to come, the day I can finally rest and go to church to experience more and more of God. Met Rowaine from Kuching, and was so encouraged by her story of being touched by God when she was in her lowest, and experiencing miracles and having her prayers answered. Praise and worship was incredible - Wake, Happy Day, Oceans, "All is well?". It is always great to be back in the House of God and gather with people who are on such fire for God!!! Eld Daniel shared the Parable of the Talents today, and emphasized the importance of using our talents/gifts.
"For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away," Matthew 25:29
He said that no matter how little we think we have, we should always use that one talent to its fullest, for the glory of God. And also, we shouldn't do things led by rewards. Jade caught the significance of being generous, and that the tipping point is the circumstance where you give when you're not in your comfort zone - where you have enough to fall back to. It's taking a risk. For me, I can't wait to start serving, prolly hosting, and I'm excited for that bucket to joy to just overflow in my heart. Currently, I feel that caring for people is a good thing to do. No matter how skeptical people will get in terms of doubting the genuineness or sincerety, one day, they will loosen their guards, and open their hearts to receive the goodness being offered by other people, and slowly but surely learn to attribute it to God almighty.

Was really excited to hear about Celine from Michelle! Still constantly hoping that I'd be able to bring Yi-Ling, Amy, Darren to come visit, and hopefully Celine too :) And also markiemellow, that he'll be more dependent on God :) So exciting!

It's amazing how I've grown in this journey of faith. I'm not the best, but I am definitely so many steps forward now compared to where I had been, for the past long period of my life. It's remarkable to have God in my heart, just constantly knowing that God is there, and depending on him. He has never felt more real. God is a mysterious God, and works in ways that surpass human understanding. I may not have my prayers answered in a tangible way where it feels like an equation is solved, nor do I have my questions answered quite literally. It's just a blind journey of faith, and trusting that God has a great plan for each and everyone of us, and that the pieces of the puzzle are falling nicely into place as orchestrated by Him. :)

keep the faith, guys!

off to do my assignments now :)

No comments: