Monday, January 6

Red Roses

I was so excited to blog since last night, and also till this morning. I was super excited to share about the warmth and happiness I feel in my heart. Still, nothing significant happened, but I feel awesome. (: Tq so much for sending me off at the airport, it was so sweet of you guys!

I was watching Katy Perry: A Part of Me documentary last night and I was so intrigued. I never got to finish it cuz something was a bit off with Astro so I'll have to catch up one of these days. She was at the peak of her career, scoring 5 No.1 Singles from the same album, I think it's never been done before her. She was amazing. She managed to pull off fantasies for her concerts/world tour though they were difficult to do, she wore beautiful costumes, with her amazing vocals, and incredible team she had. She was living her dream.

And just as everything seemed perfect to other artists/people out there, her success could not hold her marriage. Her relationship with her husband crumbled throughout the journey of her world tour. I was surprised they actually filmed it. In the end, she had all she ever wanted, but she lost her "soulmate".

I really respect Katy Perry. When I was younger, I loved her because she has that really cute girl next door look, and I loved that she had black hair! Though I think she was born blonde, idk, but I loved her for being different and cute at the same time. What got in my head was that life can seem really perfect sometimes. The hardest tasks were viable and other things aside from your career, such as relationships with people are really great as well, you feel like you're on cloud nine. But little did we actually realise is that life isn't perfect, and it really isn't.

I find it really tough to accept imperfections and flaws. Thus, I get really nervous and fidgety once I make a mistake even though I tell people mistakes are inevitable, and it's okay to make mistakes. But it is quite different when it comes to myself. Life slaps you hard on the face, but we just have to learn to accept it, bear with the pain, let time heal the pain and then slowly pick yourself up, and move on again. It's so cliche, so easy to say, yet when it actually happens, I couldn't believe it was actually happening.

Life has ups and downs. Yep. There may be peak moments where I feel incredibly awesome with my friends and family, yet there's also times where I crack my head wondering what on earth is happening to my friendship with this special friend of mine. It ticks me off all the time. But one thing for sure I've learnt last year, is to just let it go.

Charly left for UK today. Imma miss this kiddo. I wish we'd spent more time together before in school, but it's okay. "Don't be sad that it's over, be happy that it happened." If I were to think on the bright side, I could think about how lucky I was to be able to work through so many events with this same guy. I often felt like one of the luckiest person ever. So I guess, everyone's chances are equal?  The odds are just not in our hands. Therefore we should just live in the moment

:)

lovelovelove!

No comments: