Tuesday, June 24

"your disappointment could be God's appointment" really?

Aloha~! Last night I was gonna write a post about how God answers prayers. Reason being, I had this huge load of luggage I needed to carry from KL back over here. I've got around 5-6 luggage which were distributed to dad, Blake and myself to bring back. I've got 2 luggage with another 2 hand carry ones, and I was so worried that they'd exceed 30kg which is my luggage weight limit. It sounds petty, but it's pretty stressful to be in that situation itself cuz I've already tried to cut as much as possible and I wasn't buying anything else in Ipoh. Anywho, I prayed really hard that my luggage would go through without any complications arising for a quite a while, while also praying for my solo journey back from Ipoh to the airport to be silky smooth. As I approached the Baggage Drop counter, it turned out to be 33kg, but the lady said nothing and just labelled my luggage as 21kg and 9kg respectively. Whew, God does answer prayers, it was a huge relief.

I feel shameful that there was a doubt to that for a moment when I received the rejection email to my scholarship application this morning. I never dared to have high hopes during exam season, but slowly let my guard down after slowly, when Nat, Shar and roomie exhibited some confidence in me, though it was only a little bit. I prayed quite hard, and I felt like God knows my heart, and I was slowly picturing my life if it'd materialize,  how I'd attend Bristol Acts as well. I guess partially if I'd get the scholarship, it'd feel like an easy way out compared to investing lots of time, effort, confusion to figure out my next path. With a scholarship, it'd just feel like a golden ticket sent down from heaven to the next destination, and I was so ecstatic over the fact that it'd relieve so much of my parents' burdens, and this could signal a turnover in my family's life. Now that it's gone, it just feels like life is gonna go back to how it was, how it's always thought to be. I need some radical and positive change. Oh well, I suppose everything happens for a reason. I do believe in it, but im just slightly dumbfounded still at how stalled I feel my life is. :O

Nevertheless, I had a great day today meeting up with my primary school friends all thanks for Choon Ying for setting it up. I haven't seen some faces in a while, and I haven't spoken to them in a long time. It felt unfamiliar hearing their voices, which is pretty new compared to always hanging out with the same group of people and being familiar with their patterns of conversing. It was fun, and we had some great catching up. :) Wayne's going to Germany to pursue engineering but doesn't intend to practice in the future cuz he wants to do econs finance and business, Ewe is going to Manchester! to study petroleum, Bulu - idk o.o, Choon Ying to Belfast if qualifies, Ongli is in Polytechnic doing idr :O, Nicholas Ng doing STPM with Chloe :D choon ying left early, and it felt like the guys were there to audition for me. Haha. Anyway, thats it :)

I thank God for these unexpected wonders! And disappointments too I guess.

Tata~


*

i really hope so.

No comments: