Wednesday, March 14

spoiled silly; the little things

UWE had a water cut last Wednesday. It was awkward when I wanted to brush up at 4.30a.m., & the next morning I received an email to say that the pipe burst somewhere around 3a.m. I really needed to brush my teeth, wash my face, do lots of things. It was awkward because I had just finished all my 5-6 bottles of water that night itself, I wasn't ready for a rainy day. As class ended that morning, we found out that there's a shower space in the same building where we attend classes. Shower there was so comfortable! Even more than those in the typical swimming pool/gyms shower rooms. The whole time I showered, I just kept thinking, "I'm so blessed, I'm so blessed, I'm so blessed!!!" 

Since that morning, the reception had been offering water bottles to the residents affected. On my way back from shower that evening, we (me & D) came across trucks & people delivering & transporting water. Don't think they stopped working early as I still saw them around midnight. On my way to refill my water bottles later that night, as I neared one staff, he happily gave me 6 big bottles to bring home.

Next day, I went to class with a turbulent stomach, so I rushed to use the toilet in the building across. When my day had ended, the water's been restored & everything's back to normal. ;)

Random post this is, but I can't help thinking how blessed I am.

I appreciate their hard work, and how they're always readily available to help albeit it's just water shortage for less than 2 days. I appreciate the frequent update emails we received throughout the days too. I wish that more people in different parts of the world, who are suffering, will have their needs met satisfactorily one day, if not more, because you deserve the best as much as we do.

-
Here's an even more random picture of the Tesco delivery driver speaking to Desmond, our kind friend, who volunteered to help us out with our groceries without asking questions at all. (You'll be able to spot his specs + prominent forehead if you look close enough) In this picture, the Tesco delivery driver was stressed & had difficulty driving to our doorstep. Our friend there volunteered to ride in with him to find the way although he wasn't sure himself. 

Thank you for going the many extra miles to sort out our groceries that night, & thank you, for the friendship during all other times!

No comments: