Thursday, November 6

love, rosie

Monday was a really good day. So after class, me and the girls headed to Empire Mall for lunch as well as Hi's boyfie, and then went on to watch "love, Rosie". Lunch was great! Not just Pasta Zanmai itself, but company and fellowship was very enjoyable and gratifying. :) Shared so much jokes and laughs during lunch, and then to be complemented by one of the best chic flicks = bliss. I've read the book in J1/J2 as lent by Sar, and though I can't recall what it was about, I remember the pleasure I gained from it as a really nice, simple, straightforward and unique book as it was all in convo form. Movie was great! I want my own Alex too. Oh and dayem, Alex is sooo cute. His messy hair from the start took my breath away, and his jawline was so defined, as well as the lines in his face that are so distinct whenever he makes and expression or just smiles. So cute. I want my own fairy tale too. I shall await, and :) yeah. :)

Yesterday was a pretty fruitful day too, though it was less 'fun'. Chatting and eating with the girls over the 5hrs lunch break was quite fun, oh! and esp since it was concluded by a phone call with anna :) then we had a Legal Skills meeting by a partner of Raja Darryl & Loh firm. It was indeed very insightful and got me thinking on quite a few things...

First off, Mr Choon reminded us that we should never be under peer pressure. - don't let it cloud your judgment. It is important to know "what you want", and be clear of your objective. There may be many approaches to achieve the objective I've set. Always ascertain something. Don't drift along, don't follow the crowd.

Ability to think/decipher. | Always think. Your brain is the most important organ of your body. | Independent thinker. | If you think enough, law is simple. | Don't be afraid to exercise judgment and make independent mentality.

I was further reminded of the importance of vanity, originality, confidence, courage, improvement, take responsibility, show respect but not be intimidated, exercise judgment and taking care of ourselves. [Inwardly} it is important to have a sense of responsibility, have the ability to think and work independently, but at the same time ought to contribute to teamwork.

"In the law profession, you reap the benefit in the long term"

Just as throughout and after the talk, I felt so empowered and motivated to learn more. I realised how much I was lacking, and will always continue to lack - which at the same that amazes and excites me at how much I could grow and learn!! I just need to buckle up and appreciate time so that precious time that could go to learning something new don't go to waste. At the same time, I'm reminded to take good care of myself so that I could have more time to go explore different things at different places.

I am also well reminded to always embrace time and live in the moment. Rather than wishing exams never come to past/exams quickly go away, or holidays quickly come but never go, or going to school wishing I could go home and sleep quickly, I'm well reminded to appreciate each second, and again, live in the moment.

So motivated to watch so many movies, read so many books on various topics - ranging from self-improvement, building confidence, learning time-management skills, learning cultures of different parts of the world, learning how to be a better woman, learning to grow with the family in love as well as friends, learning how to develop creative thinking, learning about the goodness of other people, and just... ya know, keep exploring the beauty of the world :)

No comments: