Sunday, February 5

Dream!

“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask "What if I fall?"
Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?”
*

Dreams are such a powerful source of motivation. 

Dreams... and purpose.

Yesterday I was reminded that far beyond our daily in/outs, there's a purpose to our lives. That no matter what happens, God can use our experiences for the advancement of His purpose for our lives. 

I read that Nicki Gumbel was set to leave his law firm for Bible school, yet uncannily the school did not have a vacancy for him. His law firm which accepted his return 'begrudgingly' was not very happy with his return knowing his half-heartedness. He later did a stint at HTB and the rest is history...

Extrapolating from that sharing, I'm reminded that I'm beyond what I do every day, that there is more... that where I am is a moving piece on the great big chessboard orchestrated by the Great Master Chess Player. I felt more hopeful in my seemingly excruciating mundane situation

*

I glanced from my friend's IG story of the New York Times. Suddenly I feel alive to the possibility that my life is full of wild possibilities, still. A part of me felt, man! Wouldn't I loveee to be a journalist. But here I am at my seemingly difficult position. But I need to trust that God is good, and faithful, and purposeful. That I'm not out of His purpose/plans/hands.

*

I'm also mindful that life is meant to be full of challenges... So i am not to shy away from them, nor be disheartened in the midst of them. I want to step up in faith, that God is not just close to me in this challenging season, but that He's with me every step of the way even now, that He's my prince of peace, and He will conquer my battles with me and for me - just as He often time did when the Israelites would go to war in 1 Kings - the battle was always His, He always threw the victory line, He always guided, spoke, directed, He always caused the enemies to go havoc... We need only obey and go fight. Lord, I pray that I will experience a breakthrough, with you by my side. May this be a testimony in the making.

My goal is to grow to know the Lord more intimately this year, as my personal refuge, Counsellor, Father, Prince of Peace, my Fighter and my best friend. I love you, Lord! 

*

I pray 28 will be the best year yet - come what may.

No comments: