Thursday, February 16

depr?

 I used to not be able to appreciate how depression could be a long-term "journey".

I rmb how shocked I was the first time I heard of this suggestion. A pastor shared that his wife has depression and in his ministry, he had inadvertently neglected his wife's needs and/or overlooked that his wife was still going through this journey. I remember someone said that she accepted that she had depression and it's just something she has to go through and deal with. It was the first time I learnt that depression could be a long term struggle, rather than an "illness" that would just go away upon being medicated upon. I didnt know until then that it was not a one-off episode. My shock then as a naive college student was on many levels! firstly, I didn't know that even pastors/people related/close to them could have their "lot"! second is of course is that depression could be such a long............ journey.... 


brb

 

No comments: