Monday, January 16

Testimony birthed by Acts Church; Dated 3/4/16

My story goes like this.  
I officially rooted down in Acts when I started my uni. But before Uni, I was also in KL, I visited Acts PJ but I hadn't rooted down because, 
1) I was still new to leaving home for studies 
2) I was still church hopping 
3) I went back to KK a lot. 
 
My memory of Acts PJ is really vague, but it's still significant because it made me feel different in a way I've never felt before. I remember during one of my first few visits to Acts PJ, I hadn't entered the hall, yet just stepping on the foyer listening to worship songs brought tears to my eyes, I wept and there was this peace and comfort settling me down. It was a really refreshing touch. It didn't stop there, it happened most of the times I visited Acts.  
So when uni came, that's also when I went through the common identity crisis, I questioned my purpose of life, of my creation and there grew a sense of desperation to get to know my creator again.  
What made me choose Acts over the other church I was considering, was of course because I felt very at home, natural, very real, & also where I see how God is so real in our lives.  
 I was really drawn to the genuine passion amongst the members, & very inspired by what they do and believe in. And Acts actually developed that kind of personal and intimate relationship between me with God, I can really say (in a dramatic way that) my life changed in how I learnt how to really incorporate God into my life, I learnt a new sense of dependency on God.  
I've grown so much in my journey ever since. And I'm not saying my life was all unicorn and rainbows ever since then, I was going through some really rough patches in my life, yet i continue to find strength week after week in church, I got to really taste of His promises personally, in this context, His grace was truly sufficient. It was truly refreshing for me. For a long time my faith was fueled by others people's testimony, knowing the goodness of God through other people's experience. & throughout my journey in Acts, being part of discipleship, I got to see His promises translating into moments in my life.  
It's really amazing. I also found that new sense of purpose that drives me to keep going in life despite not having things figured out, which is most of the time, finding peace amidst uncertainties through faith.  
One thing I really love about Acts is also unity in diversity - coming together for the same purpose - helping people believe

No comments: