Wednesday, September 20

child, be still & know.

Today, I was greeted by this beautiful and captivating view embracing UWE. Gosh, what a beautiful university. Couldn't hold back my admiration for its beauty. My mind went blank, all skepticism fled, & really I had nothing to say except marvel in this beauty. 

A verse then popped into my head. "Taste & see that the Lord is good..." I couldn't finish the verse :P I googled it, & it continued with "blessed is the one who take refuge in Him." (Psalm 34:8)

Amen. 

It felt a little like a slap in the face (obviously not slap, God wouldn't do that :P) just thinking about the fit I threw yesterday, how I felt that God wasn't with me, I couldn't feel his coverage, so plagued by fear, anxiety, worry... I was so distracted by skepticism despite being certain of my salvation in my heart/head, & albeit I searched & sought & sought to immerse myself in Bible verses trying to find hold God account to His promises. I was so upset when peace didn't come as instantly as I wished it would. 

This morning, I woke up. After the Actors Session, I felt so much better. I knew that time would heal.

After class today, as I walked back to my accommodation, upon stumbling upon this view, I couldn't find any cell in me that could defy God's goodness. I was comforted as I acknowledged the second half of the verse, "blessed are those who take refuge in Him," Something whispered in my heart, "You are blessed, Belle." Then I'm reminded by Jade's encouragement, "You're too blessed to be stressed!"

Then in my heart I couldn't stop thinking "Great is Your faithfulness". 

I was tempted to be skeptical as to whether this was God's way of speaking to me, but there's really no denying God's wonderful creation. There's nothing else I could say or think or bring myself to say, but just say that "God is good." It is evidently palpable through His creations. Psalms 19:1 "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." My human being is just puny & purely incapable to not fall into worship. I so enjoyed my little alone walk with perfect weather today, I wish it could've lasted forever... 

So, guys, next time when you're upset, don't stay in your room & be moody about it okay? You must get out at least, let nature embrace you, let His wondrous works do the talking & comforting. You're bound to feel better, I promise**

I am comforted, albeit also embarrassed. 
But above all, I'm so thankful.
Thankful for all that's been happening. :)
(Thankful for such heartwarming text convos with mum & A. Eve today)
Thank You Lord. :)


*gotta make space for quietness, & let Him speak. I should prolly do this everyday, go outside, sit for a bit, & enjoy His wondrous works - especially in a beautiful country with PERFECT weather!!! hehe.

No comments: